Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holy Shit, Please Don't Fall Down Those Stairs.

This is a picture heavy post! You've been warned...

The day of the wedding itself was actually a lot less stressful than I anticipated. The night before, I slept at my mom's house and had a slumber party with my sister. We ate a shitload of chocolate, watched Ever After (and quoted every line), and fell asleep pretty early. The next morning when I woke up, the nerves still hadn't quite kicked in yet.

I got my nails did with my bridesmaids and then my best friend and I went to get our hurr did.

After getting our hair styled and makeup done, Katelynn started the drive to my mom's house to drop me off. Five minutes away, she turned down the music and said, "I could never have picked anyone better for you. I know Andy is your soul mate, and I'm so, so happy for you, best friend." We shared I love you's as we pulled into my driveway.

Cry count: 1

When I made it to my mom's house, it was time to put the dress on and head to the First Look. The First Look is when the bride and groom meet up before the wedding, take a few pictures, and then go their separate ways until the ceremony. We decided to do it because I didn't want to be a nervous wreck walking down the aisle, plus it provided way better picture opportunities than just taking some at the church.

After a mix-up of locations, we finally got to the spot. My photographer (JennFar Photography) came to my mom's car and told me she was going to go to Andy, have him turn in the opposite direction, and motion me to start walking their way.


I was so fucking nervous, y'all. It was like going on a first date all over again. My hands were sweaty, and I was trying to keep my face from looking weird, and I felt like my heels were clacking super loud, and I was worried that Andy wouldn't think I was OMG SO MUCH PRETTY HAPPENING, and eeeeeeek!

But then I made it to him.


And I wasn't scared at all anymore.


I forgot the photographer was there, forgot my mom was parked down the road, forgot we were standing mere yards away from the only gay club in town. It was just me and him, giggling and looking at each other and feeling like grown ups. "Are you nervous?" I asked him. "Kind of... are you?" "Not really, anymore." Feeling like a grown up and a nervous pre-teen all at the same time is such a weird feeling. "I love you, baby. But I have to be honest," I started, "I have sweat dripping down my leg right now, and it's grossing me out. Can we head to the church?"

We took one last picture, with a Zoolander theme. "Blue steel, baby!" I shouted.


We kissed one last time and headed to the church.

I had to sit at the church for two fucking hours before the wedding. UGH IT WAS FOREVER AND EVER AMEN. I watched my bridesmaids get ready, had my hurr fixed again, ate some cheese, smoked a cigarette, listened to music, HOLY SHIT, IT STILL ISN'T TIME?

Twenty minutes before the ceremony, my sisters said they had a surprise for me. They gave me a scrapbook, and I started flipping through.

The pages were filled with pictures of us as kids. My oldest sister reading to me when I was a baby, my other sister holding me and smiling proudly. Mixed in were notes of how happy they are for me, how much they love me, how they couldn't have asked for a better brother-in-law. The last page held a picture of us at my bachelorette party, all grown up. Buying cars, moving out, getting married. But wasn't it just yesterday that we were having sleepovers in my sister's room, talking about boys and quoting YouTube videos like it was our job?

Cry count: 2

Right before the wedding started, I felt the nerves kicking in. Everyone kept asking me if I was nervous yet, and I could only think YES, YES, OF COURSE I'M NERVOUS.

We all lined up to walk down the aisle. "I love you, best friend," Katelynn mouthed before she turned and prepared to step through the doors.

My oldest sister started to walk down the aisle first to an instrumental version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

And then the music cut out.

She stood there awkwardly for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. She started walking back up the aisle backwards, and then the music started again. She hesitated with a "fucking seriously?" look before she resumed walking. The other girls followed behind her. The music was a little off, but I was too busy thinking about how embarrassing it would be if I fell down the stairs to realize it.

My dad and I stepped up to the doors after the flower girls had made it all the way down the aisle. We had a quick conversation about when we were supposed to start walking. "Now?" "I don't think so..." "What about now?" "I'm not sure..." "Is it time yet?" "Will they tell us?" "Should we know this already?" "Meh, fuck it, let's get this shit on the road."

We started walking, and my main concern was OMG DO NOT FALL DOWN THESE FUCKING STAIRS, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD. Longest. Walk. Of my life, y'all.

I made it to the end of the aisle and smiled at Andy. He was sniffling already.


My dad did a reading. The officiant read our vows. Andy apologized halfway through for sniffling still. We exchanged rings and lit a unity candle. Andy said I almost broke his hand from squeezing so hard. It was over so quickly that I hardly even had time to notice that I was, you know, GETTING MARRIED.

And then we were officially husband and wife.


We signed some official documents, took some official pictures, and exhaled.

Introducing.......... Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Bee!


And then we headed to the reception.....

Which will be told at a later time. 


All pictures were taken by my very sweet, very awesome photographer, Jenn. Her Facebook page is here.

23 comments:

  1. You. Made. Such. A. SMOKIN' HOT. Bride.

    Seriously, though. You give me faith in the institution of marriage again. You guys reek of being-in-loviness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cry count for me: 1. That was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! You're lucky you had such a great experience on your wedding day. My bridesmaids hogged the mirrors and the dressing area. I was literally being zipped up walking down the hallway into the ballroom. Not to mention the drive in the rain alone to the location and no one answering the phone to bring an umbrella out to me... so I have to walk in the rain with my curled, drenched in hairspray, hair being flattened to my head. OMG I'm getting anxiety just thinking of it all. Anyways, you're really really lucky and your wedding was beautiful. I can't wait to see the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sisters weren't even dressed five minutes before the ceremony! Luckily, since we did the First Look, I was ready hours before the ceremony and only had to have touch ups. I have a feeling if I hadn't done that, I would have been the girl in my bathrobe walking down the aisle. :)

    I hear rain on your wedding day means good luck, though! So maybe your rain was a blessing?

    Or just a bitch who tried to ruin your hair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked gorgeous! Also like you would kick the ass of anyone who tried to mess with you. All you need is a gun and a horde of zombies chasing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looks awesome!! Love the dress and the eye makeup and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS dress. You look amazing.

    Also? Madonna didn't say anything about being an emotional girl! Seriously, I had to stop reading halfway because I was getting teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You look gorgeous and this is such an awesome post about your day. Glad you didn't fall down those stairs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Picture 1 is my favorite. There's just something about it. Your friend did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look beautiful. i was so damned nervous at my wedding i barely remember anything. the getting married part i loved, the all the people part not so much. i'm having flashbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous post. I'm all wedding-post-stalky now that I'm engaged and this gave me hope that fiance and I can have a blast at our wedding, take awesome pictures and not accidentally get injured in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are funny and gorgeous. Happy get married day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww that was so freaking sweet. Said it before but I'll say it again, congratulations. Marriage is pretty cool, and you make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is gorgeous and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sister scrapbook would definitely bring me to tears, too. You make a lovely bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say, I love that you included a cry count. And thank God for all concerned that it wasn't as high a cry count as in a SVH book!! You looked gorgeous and the two of you are totally adorbs. Congratulations again!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look AMAZING how utterly stunning :) Congrats to both of you x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fucking beautiful. No joke.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I'd been there to say, "JUST BREATHE."

    I love you and Andy even more now. EVEN MOAR.

    <3
    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pictures are so adorable and your dress is STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, that is a gorgeous dress!! Love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am like, several months behind on this, but I LOVE all the photos. It sounds and looks like you had an amazing wedding.

    Plus. You are like... one of the HOTTEST most beautiful brides I have EVER seen :)

    ReplyDelete