Monday, October 31, 2011

How R. L. Stine Became My Boyfriend... Practically.

Remember that time R. L. Stine tweeted me and called me crazypants? Even though he's the one who writes creepy books about creepy kids with questionable lines such as,

"'I've blown much bigger than that,' Lindy said with a superior sneer."

R. L., YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Even so, R. L. Stine is officially my favorite celebrity of ever. We had an awesome giveaway going on over at Childhood Trauma, my second home where we snark on books from our childhood. Goosebumps is always a favorite, because they're just so easy. Since it's Halloween, we decided to have a theme week and review all three Night of the Living Dummy books and have a Halloween themed giveaway.

After putting all of the entries in list formation, Lorraine tweeted R. L. and asked him to help us choose a winner by picking a number 1 - 20. Within seconds, he responded "16".

R. L. STINE IS SO IN LOVE WITH US, Y'ALL. He's practically a spokesperson for how fucking awesome Childhood Trauma is. We'll be rich in no time!

After thanking him via Twitter for making this the best Halloween ever, he said,



And by everyone there, I'm pretty sure he means all of us. So R. L. Stine just wished us all a Happy Halloween. You're welcome, bitches. Now go read all the Night of the Living Dummy reviews over at Childhood Trauma and eat a shitload of candy!

12 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love Twitter for reasons like this: it helps us connect with our childhood heroes :) Now I'm going to have an even happier Halloween because RL Stine SAID SO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'll have an extra Kit Kat in honor of RL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most amazing thing ever post on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I love Twitter. I tweeted Jen Lancaster last week and she actually responded. Best. Day. Ever.

    R.L. Stine... I was so obsessed as a kid. I have him and Nancy Drew to thank for my love of all things mystery and macabre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited. Def watched Goosebumps on TV the other night--there was a mini marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Goosebumps...I'm sort of ashamed for that, but not really.
    If I tweeted Dear Abbey, do you think she'd respond (fingers crossed)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious of how amazingly cool you guys are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh R.L. you slay me. Seriously this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am quivering in my frumpy office clothes because this is just THAT ALFJKNASFNOAIFN-ING AWESOME.

    CHILDHOOD TRAUMA WOMEN ARE GENIUSES.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't get over how awesome this is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remember "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" That show and R.L. Stine are completely responsible for me having night terrors as a child.

    ReplyDelete