Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Pretty Sure Snuggies Just Made My Life

Three posts in one week? Whaaaaa?

If you aren't on 20sb, you might not know that I'm the Snuggie GIF Queen. Because I'm pretty sure Snuggie GIFs make everyone happy. How can you look at this and not immediately be cheered up?


This family of four is raising the roof like no one ever has before. And they're warm and sipping coffee while they do it! Can you do that under a normal blanket?

I don't think so.

Here's more proof that putting on a Snuggie immediately turns you into the happiest person on the planet:

Look! Snuggie Mom isn't even pissed that Snuggie Dad is always trying to steal her spotlight. Bitch can't even hula hoop in her Snuggie for two seconds before Dad Snuggie is all, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME JUGGLING! ME ME ME ME. HAPPIEST JUGGLING MAN IN A SNUGGIE EVER."

And right after he totally shows her up (because everyone knows juggling is way harder than hula hooping), he steals the fucking remote right out of her hand. What. A. Dick.

And the macarena? In a motherfucking Snuggie? Life doesn't get much better than this, y'all. I don't know how that many people happened to show up to a club and just happened to be in their Snuggie gear, but goddamn that Snuggie club scene makes me want to get down to some Ying Yang Twins in my Snuggie. Droppin' it like it's hot and backin' that ass up -- Snuggie style.

So after posting so many Snuggie GIFs and seeing how over-the-moon happy these people in the commercials were, I decided it needed to be tested. I own a Snuggie but had never really used it because I didn't want to be accused of being a Dorkasauras Rex. Luckily, I pulled it out of the closet, dusted it off, and created this just for you:


I made Andy film me looking super fucking happy in my Snuggie all over the house, doing all sorts of awesome things you can't do under a regular blanket. And you know I couldn't make a video of all that without GIF'ing myself, right? (GIF'ing myself *giggle*) The full video is hiz-ere (no sound necessary):



I plan on making a full-length Snuggie commercial this weekend. Maybe I'll enter it in Sundance or something.

40 comments:

  1. I LOVE your snuggie gif. I'm not so sure about snuggies though. Look a bit like backwards dressing gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has made me so happy. Words cannot express how happy you have made me. That juggling? Your talent leaves me speechless.

    Plus, I think we all learned a valuable lesson. Snuggies make guys douchebags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha, hilarious! The crazy happy people make me think of Mormons...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the only thing that would of made this better?
    Is if you had my chihuahua on here in her pretty pink dog snuggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually put my little dog in a dog Snuggie and tried to get him to cooperate, but it wasn't happening. He obviously hasn't seen how happy the Snuggie GIF people are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the next karaoke month should have people forced to perform in snuggies. I know I can't wait to pull my snuggie out when I get home.

    Yes, I have a snuggie. It's "New York Giants" so I still feel manly, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look who can juggle! In a snuggie, even! Now I'm gonna have to really sharpen my juggling skills and get some peni- eh, balls [no better] and juggle in a snuggie too. I'll steal my mom's. It's leopard print. Because, you know, I'm a leopard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These gif make me want to own a snuggie. I feel like my life would just be so much better if i owned one now. Thank you Sara for finding the void in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pajama Jeans really needs to step up their marketing campaigns if they ever want to properly break into the market of comfortable shit aimed at people who have mostly given up on life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that zebra print Snuggie and I wear it with pride, despite the ridicule that I get from friends during our Disney marathons.... Ahem. The irony doesn't escape me that I am getting made fun of by people who like to sit around and watch Disney movies from when we were kids.

    But, enough about me.. You do one hawt Macarena, Snuggie or no!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, that was funny.

    Because everyone I know is so funny and thought it would be soooo hilarious to see me wear a snuggie I got three of them for Christmas. I don't think they ever really expected any self respecting six foot male would actually ever wear a snuggie because they made them short. They only go down to my knees and if I'm going to use a blanket it's going to be to warm up my feet. Snuggie needs to get on this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you are fucking hilarious!!
    That second snuggie GIF fn killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That GIF made me lol all over my office.

    That totally sounds gross.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sick. And without Snuggie. Do you know how hard it is to drink my very throat soothing Slurpee under a regular old arm-less blanket? It's practically blasphemy.

    You, however, with this post, practically rendered my antibiotics null and void.

    Laughter is the best medicine, right?

    Who's the giant dork-o-saurus now?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too cute lady. You at least just made my Friday. I want to laugh at these all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. God loves you for this, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fucking hilarious! Your vid goddamn rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three Snuggies made it into our White Elephant exchange this past Christmas. Three. My dad ended up with a bubblegum pink one and is obsessed with it. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is hilarious. i want the zebra snuggie. i love animal print. your gif is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. DUDE! SNUG LIFE!
    http://www.snorgtees.com/snug-life

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want a snuggie just for those days that I eat like a pig and just want to climb into my snuggie and watch lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew with the first gif, to expect a gif of you. AND THERE IT WAS!

    I love you my dorkasaurus.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When will the Snuggie people hire you as a spokeswoman?! SOON I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is exactly what I needed to see right now. Hilarious! Maybe it sells better if the people are over-the-top-happy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You own a snuggie? Good lawd...but you used it for humour so all is forgiven.

    So people who dig snuggies, have they heard of housecoats? Pretty much the same thing but you don't look like such a dork and easier to get to the sexin'. Don't be ruining my doo by pulling a snuggie over my head...just a slip of the wrist and the housecoat is undone!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't stop watching this! Seriously it's made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been laughing all over the place for the past 5 minutes watching that. Your impression of Snuggies was precious! And the second gif is seriously ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just did my first vlog. I feel so bad that mine SUCKS WAY HARD. Yours are always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I put on my snuggie and all of a sudden, I'm magical.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my god. I love you. You totally just made my night, AND single handedly (sp?) my entire week. And that's a pretty amazing feat to accomplish, especially since I have to go visit a mechanic shop concerning the vehicle I JUST bought! :) You rock Sara, you totes rock!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How fucking adorable are you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always thought Snuggies were funny, but I would never consider purchasing one. Until I saw the Snuggie Sutra in a bookstore. Now I want one just to try out the different positions.

    http://thesnuggiesutra.com/

    PS: I am in no way affiliated with the creators of this book. I just think the idea of sex while in a Snuggie is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Reading/watching this is the most productive thing I've done all day.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG Sara I'm seriously peeing myself with laughter at your Snuggie video right now.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I swear I had replied to this!

    I think snuggies are a total waste... but you totally make them look desirable!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Probably the best thing i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  37. As if I needed one more reason to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. dude. I can't believe I never knew about your snuggie gif...fucking HILARIOUS. that just made my Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete