Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Karaoke Night!

So a few of us came up with this great idea for a karaoke blog ring, in which we all sing and dance and make fools of ourselves. And for once, we actually came through on something instead of just talking about it and forgetting five seconds later. Our theme for our first ever Karaoke Vlog Night was 90s music because seriously? The 90s were pretty fucking amazing.

If you want to see my video (Spice Girls so the answer is obviously, YES), go to risha's blog and just be warned that I was drunk so I'm pretty sure that means I can't be held accountable for any dancing or jumping around or forgetting words that I did.

Now I have two videos to show today since we have a last minute addition. The first is from Harley over at Domestic Depravity. Her intro is the email I received with her video:

YOU SHOULD KNOW that I blame you for the fact that I am drunk TA HALF SICX in the evening ON my won after doing my karaoke video I know it was going to be a mix and I did actually DO a mix but then I deleted them all and jjust left the BACKSTREET BOYS and the worst part is I',m not evein sure it' sa 90s song because the backstreet bosys are like the dinosaurs and have neeben beeen around FORVERER except theyre not extinct.

Plus she's super adorable, so you know you're going to watch it whether I give you an introduction or not. (PS - Her song is from 1997, so she's good.)



The next video is from Lalalalauren at Lauren vs. Reality. All I want to say before you view this video is that I laughed so hard, I got the hiccups.



Thanks, ladies! All the videos I've seen so far have been great! We're going to try to do this again next month, so if you have a topic idea or want to participate, send me an email at tatorhead328 at yahoo dot com.

Here are links to others participating in the karaoke vlog night. I'll add links to this post as the videos are uploaded.

Me with Wannabe
Mandy with The Safety Dance
Risha with a mashup of Tubthumping, Stop, Don't Speak, You Stole the Sun From My Heart, and Picture of You
Erin with What I Got
Alexandra with I'm a Player
Tabitha with Head Over Feet
Christina with Drive
Lorraine with Smooth
Lost with Peaches
Matt with Stay
Jes with You Outta Know

This should be all of them!

36 comments:

  1. I think the Backstreet Boys were only relevant in the 90s, though I'd had never heard this song before watching this video. Funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I totally wish I had done this with yous guys now. Y'all are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get fired, it's because of you two.

    Not only did I put Harley on full blast through my headphones and rock out to BSB without realising that everyone in the room could hear me... I couldn't stop giggling through the entirety of Lauren's video.

    EXCELLENT stuff ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add mine! I emailed it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt - I've got Lauren posting yours since she didn't have a video to put on her blog. I'll link it when it goes up tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahahaha Lauren is my hero. Awesome video's girls! I want to join in the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Glad that people find my ridiculous dancing/singing amusing. Thanks for posting it at the last minute!

    Love Harley's drunken Backstreet Boys.

    In other news, I just put up Matt's video!
    http://trashrocktour.blogspot.com/2010/11/brief-karaoke-interlude.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. My post is up! And Lauren's one is BRILLIANT. Complete genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I am a big fan of the booze pause and Lauren you did not disappoint, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easily the best and most adorable karaoke I've ever seen. A-MAZ-ING.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harley is still my girlcrush. She's so purrrty, plus the singing into the booze and then sipping it? Classic.

    And Lauren made me lose my shizz. And I kept thinking, "damn, how tired is she after all that jumping around??" lolz.

    I think in every comment I've left I've mentioned: THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD IDEA.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh Tabitha needs to get my video up! It is kind of funny I picked a Canadian singer and ended up on a Canadian blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, were me and Lor the only ones who didnt do this drunk? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I wasn't drunk either; Jes. Though the whispering and the falling down probably says otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lalalalauren, oh my goodness! I love that song, and all early 90s dance jams! I danced to that song in a talent show once with my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was complaining about not being drunk when someone wisely pointed out that I was in fact driving, so not being drunk was a good thing. REALLY GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey now Jes, I didn't do this drunk either :P

    Harley -- Frikkin hilarious. Somehow, that song sounded so much more... inappropriate when you sang it? Or maybe being an adult I actually understand what it means!

    Lauren - As always, LOVE YOU. That was awesome. :D ANd hilarious. Loving the pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is brilliant!!! i want to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are hilarious and amazing and should probably overtake the entire Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

    I'm glad I didn't hear about this beforehand because singing in front of anyone is the only thing that scares me, let alone the whole internet.

    PS: That probably means that the next time this happens I should be involved to get over my fears. However, the only song I'd want to sing would be "Another Night" by Real McCoy, and Lauren (no surprises here) seems to be completely in sync with my musical 90s love and already did it. Shucks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ewww, I really hope Christmas music doesn't win. I'll punch it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Erin, the only thing about xmas songs winning is that there are lots of like punk rock, non classical christmas songs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love LOVE this! I kinda wish I could've jumped on the band wagon. Let me know if you do another one! =D

    ReplyDelete
  24. AHHHHHH! I have to skip class today and go home RIGHT NOW so I can listen to this!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my God, awesome. I love all of you, and I wish I weren't in the library so I could listen to this.

    At least I can watch you dance.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sara - this was the best idea you have ever had!

    Look at how much joy and happiness you have created =)

    I was laughing my ass off all the way through Harleys - she totally pulled that off.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I cannot finish these without laughing my ass off. Holy shit mother fuckers... this was the fucking best fucking idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to do this next time, but only if you're ok with full frontal.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Please no Christmas songs!

    We could rock on 80's style :)

    Can't wait til next months

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your shit was mad sex-tapey Sara. Great work. And everyone else...fucking hysterical. You all picked great songs and youz some entertaining bitches, I gotta say. Might have to join the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. P.S. - I know you have a poll going, but if you do rap/hip hop...I'm in. Like ALL the way in. Like deep throating that shit in.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am still so depressed that I missed this. But (1) Harley is actually the most adorable person ever. (2) Lauren might get my next featured blogger video on the merits of that video alone. I haven't seen Mandy Moore's yet, though, so I guess I should do that, because I hear it's pretty legit.

    ReplyDelete