Friday, April 23, 2010

Weigh-In Friday?

Tabatha over at Probably Tabitha had a great idea for Wednesday posts. And since I don't post that much anyways, I figured I would join in. Wednesdays are officially.... (drumroll) Weigh-In Wednesdays! The most dreaded day of the week!

I guess I should give a little bit of background about myself to start this off. I have never been skinny. My body isn't built to be skinny. I always complained about my body in high school. Little did I know, I should have been thankful for the size I was at the time. I weighed 150 pounds at 5 feet 8 inches, and that is what I want to weigh again. I weigh 190 pounds so that's forty motherfucking evil pounds that need to DIE.

I have no problem working out. I actually really enjoy it. I like going to the gym, running on the treadmill, yelling at Jillian Michaels when she asks me to do horrible, painful things that my body is just not able to do. The exercising part is not the part that gets me.

It's the FOOD. The dreaded, horrible, no good food. Food brings joy to my day. I'm sure you've heard that saying, "Eat to live, don't live to eat." That pretty much describes my life. I live to eat. I look forward to dinner like kids look forward to Santa Claus. I sit at my desk at work, visualizing what I'm going to eat for dinner, mouth salivating like a fucking dog. It's disgusting, really.

So I have to change my eating habits, but I can't diet. Diets just don't work for me. I don't like being told what to eat, when to eat it, and how much of it to eat. (ODD, maybe?) So I have decided rather than dieting, I'll be making a lifestyle change. With Weight Watchers. I'll be going to meetings every Tuesday evening so it will be just in time to write my Weigh-In Wednesday post.

If anyone else is interested in doing Weigh-In Wednesday, check out Tabitha's blog and let her know. She'll be linking Weigh-In Wednesday posts from there.


Official starting weight: 190 pounds
Goal weight: 150 pounds

It's going to be a long, miserable, shitty ass ride. If you see a fat, sweaty girl on the side of the road, crying... please don't point and laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I used to be skinny up until like four years ago when I quit drugs. After I quit, I could not stop eating Twinkies and Oreos and microwavable burritos. I gained thirty pounds, and then after that, I quit smoking and gained another 40 pounds. It was intense, and I'm trying like hell to get skinny again, but diets are the devil. And now, KFC has those Double Down things, and I want to try one, but at the same time, it looks gross, but also, delicious...oy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, those KFC things really do look gross but delicious. I've been wanting one ever since I saw the commercial...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pre-sorry for this comment. Cuz, like.. You'll hate me for it.

    I can't gain weight. M, 25, 6 foot 1, 140 pounds. No joke. Christmas & Thanksgiving = +5 pounds, for.. a month? 2? then I'm back down to 140.

    But I'm cheering for ya! I think anyone who's trying to change their body for the better deserves all the encouragement they want.

    If your ever feeling down about it, just think about how far you've already come. May not happen immediately, but eventually... You'll get there ^.^

    ReplyDelete