Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'd Like To Thank God For This Award... / Weigh-In Wednesday *UPDATED*

So I got a bloggy award! When I found out, I ran to find Fiancee and tell him because I was freaking excited. That's not incredibly lame, right? Well, Katie over at Date Me, D.C.! was kind enough to give me the Sunshine Award. Apparently my posts about old man peen and perverts brings a little bit of sunshine to her day. Thanks, Katie!



If getting a bloggy award wasn't fun enough, there's also rules to go along with it because apparently they know how much I love breaking rules. Here they are:

1. Put the logo on your blog within your post.

2. Pass the award on to twelve bloggers.

3. Link to the nominees within your post.

4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received this award.


Since I'm such a daredevil (watch out, I might run with scissors later!), I'm only going to do five bloggers. Mainly because I don't want to annoy twelve people who are way too busy to notice little old me.

1. Night Writings. In another life, I'm pretty sure she is my soul mate. Is it possible to fall in love over the internet? If so, is it possible to creep a fellow blogger out by professing my love this way? On a serious note, this chick is great. I'm pretty sure if she lived around here, I would force her to be my friend because she seems like that much fun. Who else would have a drunk nerf gun fight in their apartment?

2. Memoirs of a Korean. I've been reading Tony's blog for a while now. I used to read it like a ninja, never leaving comments. But now it's nice to be a little less creepy and let people know I'm there. Listening to him talk about his fiancee is incredibly sweet (how about you teach mine something?) and his stories about his past always make me want to know more. Also? Me and my fiancee constantly say "I am not a fox. Mr. Chow is not a fox." Then we laugh hysterically. Don't know what I'm talking about? Go read his blog!

3. Calling People Names. A fellow Southern blogger! Aly is amazing. The first time I stumbled on her blog, I went back to read all her archived entries because I'm stalker material like that. She's a great writer and seems like the kind of girl that could make any lame situation fun. I can't count the number of times I've laughed ridiculously loud at work when I was reading her blog. I'm still waiting for her to rewrite that threesome post...

4. Living Shallow, Living Well. I don't even know her name! I think it's the mystery surrounding my friend LSLW that intrigues me. You never know what you're going to get when you see a new post. I imagine she leads a fabulous life because how could you not with such a hilarious sense of humor?

5. Steam Me Up, Kid. Words cannot begin to describe how hard I laugh reading this blog. I read it out loud all the time to Fiancee, and he loves it, too. She's disgusting, disturbed, and amazing. There are probably moments that you will cringe reading her blog, but I assure you it's worth it. And if you only have time to read a few, please check out the Nana posts. I had to read those to Fiancee through tears I was laughing so hard.

So all three of you who read my blog -- go look at theirs! You won't regret it!

------------------------------------------------------

Now that the exciting stuff is over, on to the dreaded Weigh-In Wednesday update.



Not much to talk about because my first Weight Watchers meeting was last night. I'm at 189.2 which is a 0.6 pound loss since last Friday. Hopefully, I'll keep this up because I wanted to die a little inside when I went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch with co-workers today and ordered a plain old salad. Here goes nothing...

Update:

I'm burning calories at work! I'll let you know next week how well this idea works. Oh, and I'm getting laughed at every time someone walks by my desk so YOU'RE WELCOME.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much, fellow pervert. So THAT was YOU with the formspring threesome question? Huh huh?

    I've been considering writing it again, but I've gotten a little cautious in my old age. Sigh. You'll be the first to know if I cave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sara!

    I like your choices, some of my favorites as well. I'ma lookin at you, Aly.

    I gotta crank out some more Nana posts! That's a limited time topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss is ALWAYS better than a gain, no matter how small! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OWO - I admit it was me. I'm intrigued by sex stories! Maybe because I don't have enough crazy ones of my own...

    Steamy - I think the Nana posts lift my heart a little every time I read one. In fact, I just now thought about that picture where you were trying to find her celebrity match... and I died all over again. Nana is crazy, yo.

    LiLu - I agree! Plus I weighed this morning, and I was 187 so I guess that water weight is just falling off. If I get to my goal weight, I'm wearing a bikini to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award. You look fab now but I'm still wishing you luck on your goal weight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ball looks like entirely too much fun to sit on at work. I would totally be playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you doing with that ball? Are you bouncing on it while you type...because that seems like it would be distracting. Distracting...but fun.

    I have one. Let me know if it works and I'll bring mine in and give them something else to laugh at me about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gnetch - Aw, thanks, but I definitely need it! I gotta rock that bikini this summer.

    Coyote Rose - Playing with balls. Ha.

    OWO - I sit on the front of it and balance myself. It's not really difficult, and it definitely won't take the place of my working out, but it burns more calories than just sitting my fat ass in my desk chair all day. I can feel it working my core and my legs. Really, no matter how you sit, you're going to be working something a little bit.

    ReplyDelete